Sole Proprietorship Law Firm Aleksandrov
Personal id: 2200047510



According to Article 9, Paragraph 1 of the Law on Foreigners in the Republic of Bulgaria, a visa is a permit for entry and residence, for transit through the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria or for airport transit. The visa shall be issued in the form of a single visa sticker based on the EU form and shall be valid only with the regular travel document or any other document accompanying it , in which or to which it is affixed.

The classification of visas according to the purpose for which they are issued, is in line with that of the Schengen Agreement, namely:

  • Type A visa - for airport transport
  • Type B visa - for transit
  • Type C visa - for short stay
  • Type D visa - for long stay

visas attorney, documents for entry and residence in Republic of Bulgaria

Visas are issued by the diplomatic and consular missions of the Republic of Bulgaria. The visa application must be personally submitted based on the relevant form not earlier than 3 months and not later than 3 days before the date of the planned trip. When applying for a Type D visa, no exceptions to the requirement for a personal interview are allowed.

It is not uncommon for a visa applicant to be refused. Often, visa refusals are illegal and incorrect. The legislation and in particular the case law of the Court of Justice of the European Union, whose decisions are binding on all Member States, are not monitored or complied with. A number of recognized rights under the European Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms are also overlooked. This is a good opportunity and grounds the refusal for issuance of a visa to be appealed to the competent court within the relevant limitation term. Most often, appeals are related to violations of rights such as:

  • the right to privacy and family life
  • the right to marry
  • the right of the family to live together
  • the right to education
  • the right to work
  • right to property protection, etc.

In order to be admissible, the complaint against a refusal for a visa and to win such a case, it is more than advisable to consult a specialist in this area of law, who knows both Bulgarian and European law and the case law of the Court of Justice of the European Union.

If you have suffered damages as a result of the refusal, you may seek compensation. The state is responsible for all damages caused by unlawful acts or actions of its authorities and officials.
In case you need legal advice or the preparation of a complaint, I will be happy to help.
Call +359 2 826 7500 for an emergency consultation or to make an appointment.
You can order a return call or a written response using the form on the Contacts page of the website.

Residence in the Republic of Bulgaria

As qualified attorneys, we provide full legal assistance to anyone wishing to immigrate to the Republic of Bulgaria, respectively the European Union. We have successfully assisted foreigners for more than nine years in obtaining a residence permit for the Republic of Bulgaria.

Residence permits are: 

  • Short-term – for up to 90 days within each 180-day stay from the date of entry into the country;
  • Continuous - for a term of up to one year;
  • Long-term - for an initial period of 5 years and renewal after the submission of an application;
  • Permanent - for an indefinite term;

We will also assist foreign workers in obtaining work permits and will advise them on the following issues:

  • the choice of the optimal immigration program, which depends on the type of professional activity, marital status, immigration conditions, the possibility for permanent immigration, etc.;
  • preparation of supporting documents;
  • preparation of a package of documents, which includes applications, permits, certificates, approvals, etc., taking into account the requirements of the Bulgarian and European legislation;
  • submission of documents and support (representation) at all stages of the immigration process;
  • Legal assistance if you wish to change your immigration status:

     - short term
     - continuous
     - long-term
     - permanent
     - citizenship

We provide effective legal assistance in case of violations of the Bulgarian and European migration law. Turning to me, you can count on effective and qualified protection of your rights.

Until recently, migration law was one of the least popular sections of law. Today the situation is changing. Eastern Europeans want to emigrate to the west (working people). Older people from the west want to emigrate to Bulgaria. Immigrants to the Republic of Bulgaria also include many people from third countries for various reasons.
Migration law and migration legislation are therefore becoming increasingly relevant.

For the migration process to be successful, an appropriate level of awareness of the applicant or the complainant on all matters and a professional to provide legal assistance at each stage of the implementation of the process, are required.

Often, the absence of timely professional assistance from a qualified lawyer in migration law can not only substantially complicate but also make it impossible to obtain migration status.

The immigration lawyer is highly sought after, above all, in countries that are economically prosperous and therefore most attractive in immigration terms. Contrary to the confidence of the Bulgarians that we are lagging behind in all respects from the developed Western world, our country is very attractive in terms of immigration. In our view, our main contribution is our membership in the European Union, as well as the beautiful nature, good climatic conditions and so on. 

We have a successful case law for appealing against decisions to expel foreign nationals who have violated migration laws and are subject to administrative liability proceedings.

For a more complete and detailed consultation, please contact a lawyer who specializes in the specific area of law on: +359 2 826 7500, you can also order a return call or a written response using the form on the Contacts page on the website.

Good luck!